GPU downclock fix on Acer Predator Helios 300

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Cueyo, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Cueyo

Cueyo

So I bought a predator helios 300 a while back, but the GPU (a 1060 6GB) always seems to be very jagged in terms of usage, jumping from about 98% usage to 20% every few seconds, resulting in lower framerates. This is not a thermal issue, however, as my GPU and CPU have both been reposted by myself, with the GPU maxing out at around 75C at max, and the CPU at 85C at max. Typically the GPU hangs around 70C and the CPU at 80C, with games like the Witcher 3 driving them higher; the issue I see only appears in multiplayer games though. Essentially, what I want to do is soft-mod (through software tweaks) the laptop into staying at around 99% usage on all my games, as my fps on witcher and other titles that push my GPU stay consistently at ~60 fps.

tl;dr My GPU doesn't display consistent performance, I've tried changing some settings like vsync and power usage in Nvidia control panel, and I've repasted, so I know its not thermal (I've also measured temps extensively), Is there a way to tweak it so that it always maxes out the gpu on games?

Cueyo, Mar 20, 2018
Ask a Question