Got a weird "black screen" error

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ralphygarfield, Oct 5, 2008.

1. ralphygarfield

ralphygarfield

So yesterday I thought that I had finally encountered that infamous black screen of death.

I came out of hibernation, and like normal, the "Acer" logo came up. Then the screen immediately flashed to a black screen, only it had writing on it. It said, in white letters, something about "RealTek" (or RealTech?) and that there was an error, or something was disconnected. I panicked and closed my laptop to go back into hibernation and immediately reopened it, and this time and ever since it is working normally.

BTW maybe I should mention that a couple of times I've also encountered an error where I'll be working, and I'll of a sudden I'll get an error that my Synpatic Pointing Device has failed at needs to close. When I click "Send or don't send error report", it closes, apparently, yet nothing abnormal happens with the pointing device from what I can tell.

An idea what these errors were?

ralphygarfield, Oct 5, 2008
  2. ralphygarfield

ralphygarfield

Bump.

ralphygarfield, Oct 6, 2008
Ask a Question