gOS 3.0 Gadgets issues - anyone?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by yodafone, Aug 29, 2008.

1. yodafone

yodafone

Hi everyone,

Just got me an AOA110 (8GB SSD, 1GB RAM) yesterday and immediately set to work cleaning out Linpus.

I tried nLite to create an Eee-friendly version of XP, but as expected it's nowhere near fast. Probably going to do the RAM mod and swap in a 1.8" 20GB HDD, but even if I do that I'd still love to be able to run gOS on it. gOS is a nice distro, and 3.0 Gadgets is possibly the best yet.

I searched the forum and found someone who managed to get gOS Space to run, but gOS 3.0 Beta doesn't seem to like it. I followed both the LiveUSB guide for Ubuntu 8.04 here, and tried the normal install from an external CD drive, but after installing and restarting it throws up a busybox/initramfs prompt and just sits there.

I'm not exactly an advanced Linux user so I'm not sure what to do. I can, however, get it into the desktop by using recovery mode and repairing the X server (or whatever that option is).

Anyone have any ideas? I'd very much appreciate any help :)

yodafone, Aug 29, 2008
  2. yodafone

jay

jay, Sep 2, 2008
Ask a Question