Google set to improve transparency and privacy for Chrome extensions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Google is looking to take steps that will enable Chrome users to make more informed decisions about the extensions they install. Specifically, developers will have to provide more information about data collections in the interests of transparency.

In addition, developers will have to produce a privacy policy for their extensions, and must ask for permission before collecting data about users. Google's new User Data Policy introduces these extra requirements in the wake of increased demands from users for more information about what is going on in the background.

http://betanews.com/2016/04/17/chrome-extensions-privacy-transparency/

Sefie, Apr 18, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

I have Chrome installed on my Mac but I rarely used it. I am using Safari exclusively now and since I am only use my computer for basic things, I don't have any extension for Safari either.

It is good that Google is improving the extensions for Chrome!

IcyBC, Apr 21, 2016
  3. Sefie

seupaulo

I use chrome every day (in fact I'm using it right now!) and this is very good news. I have no more than 6 extensions, but it is always good to have more transparency about that. Tks!

seupaulo, Apr 27, 2016
  4. Sefie

Sefie

I use Chrome daily as well, so this was also great news fro me :) I hope they start to implement a lot cool things, just like Opera browser is doing (free vpn) and such.

Sefie, Apr 27, 2016
Ask a Question