Google Hangouts Will Let You Reply to Messages Without Opening the App

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Google Hangouts for Android has started receiving a new update that bumps the version to 7.0 and brings new features. The new app update is currently available to limited users and is expected to be pushed out to more users soon.

The latest Hangouts for Android update adds the new quick reply option to the app. With the new feature, users will be able to reply directly from notification tab by just hitting the reply button. The quick reply feature sends the reply without opening the app.

Apart from the quick reply, the app receives a new feature that will allow users to create conversation shortcuts on home screen. Users can create a shortcut by selecting the "Save to home screen" option from the overflow menu within conversation. The feature will allow users to continue the conversation with a particular contact and will offer direct access to the conversation, instead of first opening the app and then finding/ jumping to the conversation. The update also brings design tweaks that replace checkboxes, found on previous version, with toggles.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/g...ly-to-messages-without-opening-the-app-795148

Sefie, Jan 27, 2016
  2. Sefie

vinaya

I have an Android phone and I use Google Hangout on my phone. I use hangout for social interaction as well as text messaging. This is a good news for me.

vinaya, Jan 27, 2016
  3. Sefie

PingPongCall

It's weird that people still use Google Hangouts. Was it not part of the colossal failure that was G+?

PingPongCall, Jan 28, 2016
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

That is a fantastic news for Android users! My iPhone has this similar option, where I can reply directly without having to actually going into the text messaging app. It makes life easier, and easier is fantastic!

IcyBC, Jan 29, 2016
Ask a Question