Google Earth Graphics Resolution

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by mgfig, Dec 25, 2008.

1. mgfig

mgfig

Can anyone offer some suggestions on how to optimize the resolution for Google Earth. I have already increased the screen resolution to the recommended settings for Google Earth. However I'm still not seeing the same sharpness in the 3D graphics. Is this a 3D graphic support issue or is there a setting that can improve it? Thanks

mgfig, Dec 25, 2008
  2. mgfig

sagebrush

ITS BECUASE THESE ASPIRE ONES HAVE AN 8 MEG VIDEO CARD IN THEM... WHAT THE HECK DO YOU EXPECT ! ???????

sagebrush, Feb 12, 2009
  3. mgfig

Eosblue

I also noticed very poor performance. And like the poster above, I really didn't expect much performance in a $350 computer with the "Atom" processor. So, I don't really care. I bought this computer for one thing and one thing only and that a web browser on the road. Seems perfect for that at under 3 pounds. If I need to do some "heavy" lifting I crank up my Apple MB.

Eosblue, Feb 13, 2009
  4. mgfig

DougHillman

I'm not the OP, but lemme jump in here.

I expect for one, that intelligent people can figure out how to turn their Caps Lock off.

I also expect worthwhile, useful answers on these boards.

Strike two for you.

Oh, and you're wrong about the video being limited to only 8MB, so ... strike three, you're out.

Google Earth is displaying just as well on my stock WinXP AA1 as it is on my desktop. I've not changed my screen resolution away from 1024x600 or done anything else (just clicked past the popup that tells you it's not gonna be optimal.) When I zoom in to the same height above the ground on both systems, the detail is exactly the same. Of course, I can't see as much area on the AA1, but the detail level of what I can see is identical.

OP, how's your internet connection? You know it loads the detail incrementally right? Is it just not loading all the way? Also, I hesitate to ask, but you're actually trying to view a high detail area right? Not somewhere that's still in low-res coverage?

DougHillman, Feb 13, 2009
  5. mgfig

Hiarcs

<sagebrush> The aspire one has 13 mb of usable memory via opengl official driver, and there is a chance that with the correct driver update or correct bios update you can use all the 224 in mine shows 226 but whatever, change the opengl setting to high in DRIVER MEMORY FOOTPRINT it will get you 13, for now.

Hiarcs, May 28, 2009
Ask a Question