Google Cloud Print

Discussion in 'Chrome OS' started by cluckeyo, Jun 16, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

I set up my new Chromebox today, and I have a relatively new HP ENVY wireless printer. So I went to HP and got the instructions to make my new printer work with my new Chromebox. It's done through Google Cloud Print and it is about as easy as just submitting your gmail address in order to get the whole thing up and running. I moved the printer into my workroom along with the Chromebox, and I was worried that we might not be able to print from the other end of the house, it's a good distance. Happily, it worked just fine.

cluckeyo, Jun 16, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

remnant

This is an interesting application and one can even share files in the same way as one shares Google Docs documents. The interesting about it is that it can start working in seconds after one has activated it. But one has to have a cloud ready printer. Cloud technology, it seems, will create endless frontiers in online technology all adding to convenience and quality user experience.

remnant, Sep 23, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

Karen Gordon

That is great...I still don't know what Chromebox is though. The only thing I know is chromebook. I guess they must be similar, but it doesn't sound like they are the same thing. I just can't be sure of that. I wish someone would explain more about the similarities and differences between the two.

Karen Gordon, Sep 23, 2016
  4. cluckeyo

something back

You could buy a wifi extender/booster ,check amazon or ebay

something back, Sep 23, 2016
  5. cluckeyo

fcuco

A chromebox is a desktop running the same Google Chrome OS that a chromebook, so, basically a PC with Chrome OS installed. They usually come in a very small form factor, smaller than a Mac mini for example so they are perfect as small little computers that you connect to your tv for doing stuff like streaming content. The Asus M004U is a pretty cool model.

fcuco, Sep 26, 2016
    Karen Gordon likes this.
  6. cluckeyo

Karen Gordon

OK Thanks, I know my friend has a chromebook and he really likes it. It is just much simpler for him than having to run windows and update them all the time. I think that you should use whatever you enjoy and works for you in terms of getting and keeping your windows updated. It is just one of the methods that you may wish to use.

Karen Gordon, Sep 28, 2016
Ask a Question