Good news re HSDPA/3G for Linux

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Gildas, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Gildas

micky1966

Hi Joaer

Thank you so much for your reply. Put in what you suggested and this is what came up

Copying files to /opt/vmc...
    Configuring the system...
    groupadd: group vmc exists
    Installing direct access...
    Insert users allowed to use this application (space separated): "user"
    id: "user": No such user
    Invalid user "user"

Installation complete!

Use vodafone-mobile-connect-card-driver-for-linux command or the direct access in your Internet menu in order to run the application.
    [user@localhost Downloads]$

I then typed in the run box 'sudo vodafone-mobile-connect-card-driver-for-linux' and the vodafone symbol comes up and a box with a penguin comes on and a blue light flashes back and forth at the bottom and it states authenticating and nothing it just hangs there nothing happens.

micky1966, Sep 12, 2008
  2. Gildas

dippergt750

Are you running as "root" when you set it up?

dippergt750, Sep 13, 2008
  3. Gildas

micky1966

Hi dippergt750

Sorry I dont know what you mean, running via root? I press ALT+F2 which brings up the RUN PROGRAM feature then I tick run THE RUN IN TERMINAL and then press RUN which then brings up the TERMINAL BOX, in here I type
    CODE
    cd Downloads
    chmod 755 vodafone-mobile-connect-card-driver-for-linux-2.0.beta3-ALL-i386-installer.run
    sudo ./vodafone-mobile-connect-card-driver-for-linux-2.0.beta3-ALL-i386-installer.run

Then it runs ok says everything is good and then it states 'insert users allowed to use this application' I then type "users" as advised and it states 'no such user'

I dont think I am ever going to get this to work.

micky1966, Sep 13, 2008
  4. Gildas

santkhalsa

i would recommend u do a complete CLEAN rebuild - sometimes it's better to start clean :)
    Don't loose hope m8y - u should have a CD u can use on another laptop to build a USB bootable image and then u can rebuild the laptop and start a fresh

Imagine if we could do that with our lives :)
    Good luck

santkhalsa, Sep 13, 2008
  5. Gildas

TLJ

As I recall it's "user" you should be entering (ie, not "users" - and don't enter the inverted commas)

TLJ, Sep 13, 2008
Ask a Question