Good low - requirement games?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrDale93, Dec 12, 2017.

1. MrDale93

MrDale93

This is only my second post on this site, I've been a member all of 15 minutes while I'm writing this.
    I want some good games I can play on my laptop, it was literally made back in the stone age, so it is buy no means the best laptop in the world, but for me and the games I can play, it does the job well enough.
    Want a laugh? Here's my spec's:

Windows 10 Home
    Intel Celeron R 900 @ 2.20GHZ 2.19GHZ
    4GB RAM but for some insanely annoying reason I got 2.84GB usable...
    I dont even know what Graphics card I have, something integrated and just disappointing.

I can play GTAIII, VC, San Andreas quite well, a few other games such as Oblivion NFSU2, NFSMW, Simpsons Hit & Run, JPOG... its not the worst machine in the world I suppose.

I wouldn't mind GTA 4, TDU, WOT, these all seem to give me an insanely low FPS though, too low to play at least.
    Is there anything I can do that will boost the gaming potential of this laptop, giving me a better range of games to play?

MrDale93, Dec 12, 2017
  2. MrDale93

Ian Administrator

Welcome :D

If you've got an integrated graphics card, it'll be using a portion of your memory for that - which reduces the rest allocated for the rest of the system - that may explain things if you've got 1GB reserved for this. You could try reducing it to 512MB in the BIOS?

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do to be able to run those other games - the CPU is pretty limited and the integrated graphics card is likely going to struggle.

Instead, it may be better to find some other games that do run well. Fallout 3 and Fallout 3:New Vegas may run well enough. GoodOldGames.com has a great selection of older games, many of them pretty cheap to buy too :).

Ian, Dec 15, 2017
  3. MrDale93

MrDale93

I do indeed have an integrated graphics card, Id not thought of the editing things through the BIOS. Ill give this a go see what happens. I had looked at Fallout, especially New Vegas, Ill have a shop around on Good old games see what they have I could possibly run.
    Cheers!

MrDale93, Dec 16, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  4. MrDale93

Anton22

Yeah GOG is great for this stuff.
    I personaly reccomend Banner Saga, Bastion, Mark of the Ninja II

Anton22, Aug 28, 2018
  5. MrDale93

PeterBroadway

Nice! Thanks for the suggestions!

PeterBroadway, Jan 6, 2020