Good Laptop Desks

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by HappyKoi, Oct 5, 2016.

1. HappyKoi

HappyKoi

I have a laptop desk already, but I am thinking about getting a new one. Here is what I would need out of it:
    It needs to be sturdy. I'm not always gentle with my stuff, and I don't want it to break if I accidentally trip over it or if it has a rough ride in my car.
    I would like something that would be comfortable to have on my lap. The one I have now is hard plastic, and while it does its job, it does cut into my legs a bit.
    It needs to have space for a mouse. I do a lot of gaming, and I don't always have another surface for my wireless mouse.
    Finally, it needs to have a fan or some other way to help cool my laptop. Like I said, I'm a gamer, and the underside of my laptop gets pretty hot, and when that happens, my games slow down.
    I know this is a pretty long list, but if it meets at least three of these, I would be happy. Affordable is a good thing as well.

HappyKoi, Oct 5, 2016
  2. HappyKoi

Corzhens

Call me ignorant but this is the first I get to know that there is that thing called laptop desk. It would have been great if you had posted a picture of that laptop desk so I will have a clearer idea. But I understand that if you use your laptop true to its name then that laptop desk is a good protection for your lap when the laptop gets hot. Maybe I couldn't relate to this because I always use my laptop pressed on a table.

Corzhens, Oct 6, 2016
  3. HappyKoi

hades_leae

You can just go and buy one of those things that people use to eat in bed with, it's pretty wide, like 36 inches, and it's not too tall. I think you can change the height by expanding the legs, but I just don't know what they are called. I think that's a perfect thing to use. As far as durability, you just have to take care of it. I have an HP laptop, I have dropped it, left it on my patio when it was snowing, and the condensation was very bad and it has lots of dust in it, but works fine.

hades_leae, Oct 6, 2016
  4. HappyKoi

remnant

You can fabricate one bearing your preferences in mind. This can be done by souping an old desk. If your laptop overheats ,you can cover it with an aluminium sheeting that leads to an aluminium sheeting connected to an external heat dispenser. Trust your hands to modify or customise an item to your ideal preferences. An artisan at hand is a great asset.

remnant, Oct 9, 2016
Ask a Question