Giving Windows 7 Ultimate a try

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lavrishevo, Apr 8, 2010.

1. lavrishevo

lavrishevo

I am mainly a Mac guy and have a Macbook Pro as my main computer but I have enjoyed Windows 7 since the beta and I figured why not give it a try to see how she runs after I installed an update to the netbook booting program to trick OS X that caused a kernel panic.

I am still biased towards OS X particularly, not having to deal with viruses / malware and such but I am impressed by Windows 7. They have copied elements from OS X and it looks nice. Have some weird minor issues with 7 not wanting to allow me to connect to some public networks but overall it is a nice improvement over Vista.

Some have commented how it is slower then XP. I believe they are correct but not by much. I have 1.5 gb of ram and with just the system up, including Avira and Spyware Terminator I have 844 mb's of free ram. That is plenty for my needs on this little A0A 150.

Just wanted to share my observations. Any tricks you guys use to help speed up 7 on the Aspire One’s?

lavrishevo, Apr 8, 2010
  2. lavrishevo

PurpleSnow

Im running 7 Ultimate build 7600 just upgraded with 2gb memory. otherwise its running perfectly.

PurpleSnow, Jun 23, 2010
  3. lavrishevo

TechSys

I run 7 ultimate on an unmodded Aspire one. Doesn't even hiccup. I even run adobe photoshop CS4 on the same machine. Never even slows down.

The only time I've seen the machine slow down beyond usable is when I had far too many downloads going at once (avid bittorrent user)

TechSys, Jul 4, 2010
Ask a Question