Girly AAO bags? (possibly pink)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by releaseyourself, Dec 4, 2008.

1. releaseyourself

releaseyourself

Hi,
    New to the forum having just bought 2 AAO 150's for my two young daughters. I will be modding them with some extra memory and possibly installing OS X on them before they get them for Xmas! :D

Anyway, i am trying to source some girly bags to fit the AAO with a pocket to fit the power adaptor and an external DVD drive. They quite like pink so where do i find all these pink netbook cases? (ive already googled) :cool:

releaseyourself, Dec 4, 2008
  2. releaseyourself

coolshop

I just posted this in the other thread, but will post here since you asked for girly/pink. This just came today and it's absolutely perfect to go with the Pink AAO! My daughter is getting this combo for Xmas as well!

I found this SWEET pink case for the pink AAO I got my daughter for Xmas! It fits my six cell perfectly, so her 3 cell should fit just fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0118978332

Labeled for MSI Wind but perfect for AAO

Shipped from Taiwan but relatively quickly. Here is the seller's store: http://stores.ebay.com/ideastylenet

[​IMG]

Not sure this is the best for accomodating the cord, though.

coolshop, Dec 9, 2008
  3. releaseyourself

releaseyourself

I think we are going to order one pink and one black.

Many thanks.

releaseyourself, Dec 11, 2008
  4. releaseyourself

coolshop

After receiving the pink one, I've ordered a black one to go with my white AAO.

I think they have coordinating ''skins' but I'm hesitant to apply one of those.

coolshop, Dec 12, 2008
  5. releaseyourself

GreenBear

For those near a Target store....
    Check out the display under the 8.9" screen EEE pcs.
    About 3 weeks ago, locally there were quilted bags (no pocket) in several solid colors including pink and bright blue with web shoulder strap.
    Also neoprene bags with 2 pockets in similar solid color choices, with detachable web shoulder strap and integral short handles.
    Manufacturer of at least one of these bags is Belkin.
    Not sure if these will fit AspireOne, esp those with 6 cell, but something to check out.

GreenBear

GreenBear, Dec 12, 2008
  6. releaseyourself

jagfan

I purchased one of these when they were on sale a few weeks ago, but they don't fit the AspireOne. Had to return it.

jagfan, Dec 15, 2008
  7. releaseyourself

GreenBear

Darn it!
    Very disappointed they don't fit.

Just today found this older article which gives dimensions on the Target Belkins (and also explains why they don't fit).

http://blog.laptopmag.com/finally-belki ... ccessories

The quilted version is just a simple sleeve, a sewer or someone with a friend who sews could whip one up (that fits) fairly quickly.

I am still looking for a case myself. Looked at some daytimers with the idea to remove the 3ring binder. Some were quite spiffy, but no padding. Looked at some DVD player cases too. Almost bought one. Very practical, lots of padding and pockets, but no style.
    I am still stubbornly holding out until 'til I either find the right one or something I can modify or make my own.

GreenBear, Dec 16, 2008
  8. releaseyourself

GreenBear

I finally got my 8.9" Sapphire 6cell AA1 a case.
    It's refined,not necessarily girly.

FranklinCovey DayOne
    Weekly Organizer
    Classic Size (5.5" x 8.5")
    Style # 762124/Red (also comes in Black)
    SKU 23572 4187
    Found at Walmart ($21.74)
    Zippered.
    Vinyl.
    Two pullout handles.
    Outside Pockets alongside each handle.
    Front Pocket.
    Internal Pockets.

I just removed the organizer pages.
    Carefully drilled out the rivets holding the ring binder.
    Cut off the rivet stubs and (important) glued decorative tape over the rivet holes (keeps any lost bits of rivet from leaking out).
    Carefully cleaned up the metal bits left from the drilling
    (Sure don't want stray metal dust or bits scratching the finish or shorting out the circuits inside)

Slim and Trim. Fits just perfect like a glove, but not too tight. Like it was made for it.
    The existing pockets can hold slim things like an external Hard drive, notepad etc.
    For the bulkier accessories(power cord/mouse/modem) I added a small coordinated bag clipped to the handles with a mini-carabiner.
    Unlike some other adapted Organizers, the handles make it very easy to do that.

Its a nice trim unit, I wanted a streamlined bag.
    Elegant.
    I'm happy.
    :D

GreenBear, Jan 27, 2009
Ask a Question