Getting ready to start the mods.

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Not1ofthePack, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Not1ofthePack

Not1ofthePack

I have ordered these so far, 4 Port Mini USB 2.0 HUB High Speed 480 Mbps,085, SB 2.0 Tiny Bluetooth V2.0 EDR Dongle, and Solderless 8.9" Acer aspire one AOA Touch Screen panel, I was thinking of adding in HD Pro Stick USB 2.0 TV Tuner, and a 66channel USB GPS receiver, dongle, AGPS. Is there enough room for the other two in the screen shell? any other mods I should be looking at? thank you for your help

My AA1 is the 1gb ram 160gb hdd.

Not1ofthePack, Feb 14, 2009
  2. Not1ofthePack

jerryt

Don't let the pictures fool you. There is not any room inside this little computer for mods.

TS controller fills most of the empty space.

TV tuner has many problems;
    Size of the tuner, (Pinnacle Mini Hd tuner is the smallest I have found)
    location of tuner, (Inside the CPU cooler has been done)
    Low resource TV software, (WatchHDTV works for me)
    Internal or External antenna. (Internal sucks, just a couple of channels with a flat panel antenna on lid)

Internal GPS receiver has been done on EEEPC forum, but the signal strength suffers. I suggest a bluetooth external receiver.

jerryt, Feb 14, 2009
  3. Not1ofthePack

rgarjr

U can't fit anything on the screen area, there is no space for it. If you want ATSC tv tuner you can probably stick it in the CPU vent like I did.

rgarjr, Feb 14, 2009
Ask a Question