Getting a kensington micro bluetooth to work?? Help!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by phil1, Aug 16, 2008.

1. phil1

phil1

I picked up a AAO yesterday and love it. I bought a bluetooth USB but I can't figure out how to get it to work. Its the one below
    http://us.kensington.com/html/14409.html

What do I need to do to get this working.

Also I have backtrack set for a usb boot, however I cannot get X to start only command line. Help plz. :!:

phil1, Aug 16, 2008
  2. phil1

unkn0vvn_al

if you are using Backtrack 3 there is an option to use VESA, try that one, it should bring you to GUI

hope this helps!

unkn0vvn_al, Aug 16, 2008
  3. phil1

phil1

Ok, I got both working fine now, thanks for the X suggestion. Now I have 1 more thing that is really bothering me. I can't seem to get the wifi to come up in backtrack when I want. I have gotten it to work. One method I was doing was starting linpus rebooting and then go into backtrack and the wifi would come up. If I reboot again and go into backtrack it doesn't work at all. So I have to use the method of linpus reboot then into backtrack. Its ****Ing annoying. How can I just get it to always work? iwconfig shows the ath0 adapter but when I scan in wireless assist no networks are found and kernel module is always loaded.

phil1, Aug 17, 2008
  4. phil1

kap09

can you please share how you got this to work? this is the one issue that still has me considering an xp install

kap09, Aug 18, 2008
  5. phil1

Davidcowling

didn't tnkgrl do a indepth tutorial on installing these things?

edit* installing them internally. there must be a software tutorial to go with it?

Davidcowling, Aug 18, 2008
  6. phil1

phil1

Well I guess it depends on how you are wanting it to work. For my purposes this serves for penetration testing using the bluetooth to test vulnerabilities. I'm not actually using the bluetooth to sync the data between the computer. I boot off a live USB for backtrack. However the bluetooth should work in the default OS or ubuntu. You will need all of the bluetooth packages installed which can be found in yum. Also run a lsusb from a terminal and it should show up the USB device.

phil1, Aug 18, 2008
Ask a Question