Getting 0x0000007B Error During Windows XP Installation

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Unforgiv3N, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Unforgiv3N

Unforgiv3N

Hi Guys

I got my Aspire One A110 ( Linux - 8GB SSD ) yesterday , I tried to install Windows XP Service Pack 3 with Flash Memory but I'm getting 0x0000007B Error during Windows XP Installation

I tried to boot the PC with Hiren BootCD Removed the Partitions , Even HDD Zero Sector / MBR has Cleared for Sure , but i don't understand what's wrong why I keep getting this error , anyone had the same issue ? do you have solution for this ?

it would be useless for me without Microsoft Windows :(

Thank you ...

Unforgiv3N, Apr 20, 2009
  2. Unforgiv3N

thesecitylights

thesecitylights, Apr 21, 2009
  3. Unforgiv3N

Unforgiv3N

Unfortunately, It doesn't work . I don't know what the hell is wrong with this :(

Unforgiv3N, Apr 21, 2009
  4. Unforgiv3N

Unforgiv3N

Finally I could resolve the problem , you must completely delete the partitions then install Windows 98 System Files , Copy the i386 directory to HDD then install the Windows through the HDD ( Execute i386\winnt.exe ) , you won't get 7B Error during setup

I had Aspire 150 and Windows installed without any problem , but in this case i had Aspire 110 and it seems this one has not a good relation with Windows

Unforgiv3N, Apr 22, 2009
  5. Unforgiv3N

Biostem

Certain versions of XP don't like SSD or SATA drives. It may also view the SSD as a USB drive, which Microsoft doesn't want you installing Windows to. There are workarounds, but the best suggestion I can make is to look for a version a torrent of Windows online; these are often modded to bypass that restriction, or may be more up to date than the version you are trying to use. Of course, you should have a legitimate license key to install any version of Windows...

Biostem, Apr 27, 2009
Ask a Question