Get the 8.9 or wait for the 10?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by rcbif, Feb 8, 2009.

1. rcbif

rcbif

Hey, new here, thinking about getting one of these guys for a laptop to use in the family room or in my bedroom. I currently have a dell l400 that's a bit slow, (made in 2002) and I'm looking to upgrade. I dont intent to have many files on it, just some pictures, probally nothing over a few gigs. May use for occasional movies and word processing at college. My main question is, how akward is the 8.9 in models' touchpad to use? The new 10inch model's looks more normal and comfortable to use but is it easy to get accustom to the 8.9's touchpad? I guess I really dont care about the screen size that much, more how comfortable it is, and ease of web brousing. When using my dell laptop I keep my thumb horizontal on the left button and scroll with my index finger. I tried a demo model of the 8.9 at the store but couldnt really figure out a good way to use the scroll pad. Soooooooo, the main question is, get the 8.9 model now for 290$ or wait for the 10inch model to come out and hope it's decently price. Any help appreciated, thanks

rcbif

rcbif, Feb 8, 2009
  2. rcbif

MiniDrivr

I've had my 8.9 for a few months now. I like the touchpad. After 3 or 4 minutes I was use to it. Even when switching from my other laptop with a "normal" touchpad I don't have any trouble. I use both the horizontal and vertical scroll function. You can adjust the size/sensitivity of the area for scrolling. If you really didn't like the 8.9's pad in the store, maybe the 10 would be more suited for you.

MiniDrivr, Feb 8, 2009
Ask a Question