Generic Host Process for Win32 Services after Hibernating

Discussion in 'Windows' started by industrai, Dec 4, 2008.

1. industrai

industrai

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue. Whenever I sleep or hibernate my Acer Aspire One Windows XP machine (Function + F4) and turn it back on, I get an error message:

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, the machine acts funny after it is turned back on. Wifi no longer works, applications won't open, or will die shortly thereafter; the only way to get around this is to reboot. It kind of makes the sleep fuction useless.

I've updated the latest drivers, but I haven't installed the latest bios yet. Any other ideas?

industrai, Dec 4, 2008
  2. industrai

industrai

ive shipped my aspire one off to acer to let them have a look at it. my guess is it was something wrong with the hardware.

industrai, Jan 15, 2009
  3. industrai

industrai

got my aspire one back today. Tested out hibernate, and it works just fine now. Must have been something hardware related, I think they replaced the hard drive, or at the very least they re-imaged my machine. The work order only says "fixed problem". Very descriptive, thanks guys ;) .

industrai, Jan 30, 2009
Ask a Question