Gateway GWTN156-1 , startup issues, help...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sirthingsalot, Jun 18, 2021.

1. sirthingsalot

sirthingsalot

I have a newer Gateway GWTN156-1. I turned the power on one day and got a blank screen - power lights, etc were all on. I pushed and held the power button to shut it down, pushed the power button again and it started right up. Since then, every time, the above happens. Push the power button, lights, etc come on, but get a blank screen. Push and hold the power button to shut it down, push the power button again and it starts right up. Any idea what might be causing this? Here's what I've tried so far...

Reset the bios setting to default, did full virus scans from a couple different antivirus programs (including root, hook, etc scans), which found nothing. Went thru my power settings. Nothing has helped thus far...

The 16GB of memory is onboard (doesn't use memory sticks) , so I couldn't swap them out, etc to see if that helped...

Thanks

sirthingsalot, Jun 18, 2021
Ask a Question