Gaming Laptop?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by AntonioCalcano, Sep 15, 2016.

1. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcano

Do you think a gaming laptop can give you the best in terms of performance-value, is it enough to play most recent AAA games? what about overheating? Do you think it may overheat if you're playing for long periods? And also what is the best brand for gaming laptops? I know gaming laptops can't give you the same as a gaming computer, although nowadays they're becoming more alike in terms of performance.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 15, 2016
  2. AntonioCalcano

Fuzyon

One of the problems with gaming laptop is excessive heating (it happens on mine too) but the Asus ROG laptop series has been quite good in that regard, their laptops are beefier than what you would expect but their cooling system is really good, almost like a desktop. As for performance, anything with at least a GTX 970m will run any AAA game on High at least so you should be good to go.

Fuzyon, Sep 15, 2016
  3. AntonioCalcano

HappyKoi

Overheating is a huge problem, unfortunately. I would say you might also want to invest in a laptop desk with a built-in fan. I got one of those and it helped the problem immensely. Then again, a laptop desk is always a good idea, in my opinion.

HappyKoi, Sep 16, 2016
  4. AntonioCalcano

Smithee

There's Asus water-cooled gaming laptop which I've heard is great for gaming. It will never overheat and it's got the hardware that will give you the same performance you'd get on a PC. This Laptop costs $4K. Too expensive IMHO.

Smithee, Sep 23, 2016
Ask a Question