Game Boy advance emulators

Discussion in 'Linux' started by aceradam28, Dec 26, 2008.

1. aceradam28

aceradam28

First thing to let you know is that I have enabled the right click on desktop and Add/remove program

Im trying to get a gameboy advance emulator running on my aspire one but so far I seem to be having no luck at all, the first emulator I tried to install was Visual Boy Advance but it wouldnt run the .exe and I had downloaded the SDL linux libaries: I had no idea what they were and I just got confuesed on making it work and gave up. Second emulator I tried was gnome boy advance but when I tried to open the application, it said unable to execute "usr/bin/gnomeboyadvance" I think, I tried a few different versions before I gave up.

Anyone know of an emulator for the game boy advance which they could tell me how to easily install or does anyone know how can install the emulators Ive tried, another odd thing is that gnomeboy advance doesnt appear in add/remove program.

Anways, I would appreciate the help.

aceradam28, Dec 26, 2008
  2. aceradam28

aceradam28

Nevermind, I managed to get a program called Boycott Advance running with Wine, it runs flawlessly even though it is meant to be a windoes app, only slight problem is the sound sometimes but even that is almost perfect.

aceradam28, Dec 28, 2008
  3. aceradam28

thingley

You shouldn't need to use wine for this one...

Go to this page:

http://suzukube.blogspot.com/2008/09/in ... e-one.html

And download the two links ( Iknow it's in french but they are near the top of the page.. you can't miss them!)
    Then install the packages (just double click them and agree to everything) and VBAexpress should appear on your right click desktop menu.

thingley, Dec 31, 2008
  4. aceradam28

Mox

Sweeeet! thanks thingley!

Mox, Apr 21, 2009
  5. aceradam28

me075064

Fantastic. Great find.

Many thanks

me075064, Apr 22, 2009
  6. aceradam28

BlueSky

hey everyone - really want to get this going but falling at the first hurdle. If anyone can help i'd be well happy. (just assume i'm an idiot with this thing - new to linux)

anyways, this is the error im getting: /tmp/vbaexpress-1.2-1.i386-4.rpm could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.

Havent got a clue....... :cry:

BlueSky, Jun 24, 2009
  7. aceradam28

Fionnghaile

hi, im having the same problem with the error message,
    does anyone have any idea how to solve this prob for a relatively newb??

Fionnghaile, Aug 3, 2009
  8. aceradam28

me075064

me075064, Aug 19, 2009
  9. aceradam28

lotus49

I have been running VBA on XP and Ubuntu on my AAO (ZG5). It worked perfectly on XP but was very slow on Ubuntu (choppy sound and framerate).

What have other people's experiences been on various flavours of Linux?

lotus49, Aug 24, 2009
Ask a Question