Future Windows 10 builds could include a QR code in blue screen of death notice.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by something back, Apr 12, 2016.

1. something back

something back

Future Windows 10 builds could include a QR code in blue screen of death notice.

This interesting idea, Microsoft indicates adding a troubleshooting QR codes to the Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death.

It's a great idea,though I would prefer a reliable Windows 10 operating system.

More info here:

http://betanews.com/2016/04/12/windows-10-qr-code-bsod/

something back, Apr 12, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. something back

IBMPC8088

They're always putting the cart before the horse, aren't they? They keep making the system worse, but they'll be right there to improve any marketing at the drop of a hat lol. Sigh. That's Microsoft now. Innovating the dollar and the latest fad rather than the computer and the technology itself.

My humble opinion is that a QR is used about as much as Windows 10 should be: never for anything serious.

IBMPC8088, Apr 12, 2016
  3. something back

Sefie

Eh, well, more and more signs I should stay away from Windows 10 :p I'm glad I didn't updated, even though they almost tricked me into it by making me believe I had no other choice- Phew! QR code? Give me a break!

Sefie, Apr 14, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. something back

IBMPC8088

They will keep trying. Next, it will probably be a 1% off coupon at Macy's, Target, or Walmart or a 'free cookie' at Papa Johns if people don't use their QR codes. Microsoft has become that pathetic, and I almost expect them to do things like that just to get the people in the public who are younger or are not aware yet of what they do to become their victims again. This time for keeps with the all-out (il)legal TOS of theirs. They won't need another version of Windows with what they have in there against people now...

IBMPC8088, Apr 14, 2016
  5. something back

fcuco

Makes me wonder how many error conditions are they expecting if they need a whole QR code to cram all the possible ones on that space when probably a small 4 or 5 digit number should suffice to categorize all possible errors, you simply go to the webpage and enter the numeric code saving you all the hassle of scanning the thing.

I can now imagine a lot of those fake warning web pages and annoying pop ups that camouflage themselves as being system errors presenting you with a QR code that serves malware to your phone once you scan it, I don't get what's wrong with simply going to a web page and entering a numeric code, takes less time than bringing the phone and scanning the thing.

fcuco, Apr 15, 2016
    something back and IBMPC8088 like this.
  6. something back

something back

A very VALID point.

something back, Apr 15, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
Ask a Question