Full performance without being attached to the mains?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by m_w_clarke, Dec 18, 2008.

1. m_w_clarke

m_w_clarke

HI everyone,

after being an inactive reader on these forums for about a week, I thought I would register and join this great community and jump straight in with a question!

I notice that if I use my AAO connected to the mains I get really good performance. But go onto battery power (ive purchased th eAcer 6600 Mah battery) I notice that performance seems to get sluggish (programmes take an age to load and repsond)

Is there a way in Windows that I get performance back up to what it is when connected to the mains? Am I imagining it this performance drop?

I do know that Windows does go into some sort of power saving mode, but how do I stop this? Iv etried looking in the control panel power options, and selecting "ALways on" but this seems to make little difference.

I have the 110L AAO, with the default 512MB. The only addition ive done is to replace Linpus with XP Pro.

Thanks for you help in advance.

m_w_clarke, Dec 18, 2008
  2. m_w_clarke

Sniper257

Change your power mode from Max Battery to anything else. It throttles everything to 50% so everything is slow.

Sniper257, Dec 18, 2008
  3. m_w_clarke

m_w_clarke

Hi thanks for that. But I notice that system properties sometime still says the processor is running at 800MHz and not 1.6 GHz (Although it does change to 1.6GHz at seemingly random times)

This hasnt improved performance in things that use flash player, like BBC news or Youtube? These frequently pause and stutter all the way through playing. But now im thinking this isnt due to the power mode...

This is using firefox on XP.

m_w_clarke, Dec 22, 2008
Ask a Question