fstab, unionfs and other juicy stuff?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Sid, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Sid

Sid

I have recently used the excellent "custom desktop script".
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1256

All the geeks can read the script and see what it does, but in essence after the script has run you get a sensible / usable desktop, Firefox 3 and the acer modified prog's get dumped (wonderful). (The script does more than this, please read the thread for details).
    One of the problems I have found is that the left hand slot no longer "adds the storage" to the main SSD.
    I understand that unionfs is used to make this happen. As a noob with minimal linux experience, can I ask what I need to do to re-enable this feature. At a guess I need to be looking at /etc/fstab, but I would appreciate some help/guidance on this.

Sample desktop attached:

Sid, Aug 17, 2008
  2. Sid

Boxy Brown

I have also been trying to find this out, I am just tired of closing the window that pops up eaqch time I boot from the card being in there. I would love to find how to unionfs, I see that it can be installed after running KoRo's script. Just not sure how it works...

Boxy Brown, Dec 15, 2008
  3. Sid

cpchan

Ask a Question