Fried Touchpad Buttons

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Andrew67, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Andrew67

Andrew67

I followed the instructions from this site and succeeded in upgrading my aao from 1.0GB to 1.5GB total, but when I put it back together the middle tab of the keyboard didn't click right (and here the trouble starts). So, I took it apart again to see if I could help the keyboard click right, but still no dice. However, this time I turn it on and suddenly the left mouse button doesn't work (appears as clicked). I disconnect the touchpad and reconnect a few times and what do I get? Now the right button doesn't work. I've made a workaround for now by disabling buttons in the synaptics driver and using tap zones. However, tap and drag doesn't work for some reason either. Bottom line is: I'd rather not randomly open it again seeing as I'd probably lose control of the touchpad surface this time, considering my luck. Anyone have any idea what I can do?

Andrew67, Nov 2, 2008
  2. Andrew67

Tamrac

I don't believe the buttons are actually fried.... you just have to reseat the touchpad ribbons again. This time be very careful. You might have tiny breaks on it w/c is causing your problems.

Tamrac, Nov 2, 2008
  3. Andrew67

Andrew67

Removing the ribbon, cleaning the contacts with a pencil eraser and reconnecting did no good.
    However, I did notice that there's some small amount of metal missing on one of the contacts, is this the problem?

Andrew67, Nov 2, 2008
Ask a Question