Free Vista Business keys available...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sniper257, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sniper257

Sniper257

At my school, every computer runs Windows XP but has a Vista Business key on top of each. All of them are unactivated and I am planning on writing down about 10 tomorrow. Post in this thread and I'll PM you a key ASAP. If this is against the rules, please don't ban me, just lock the thread :p They all activate perfectly as they are legit unused keys.

Sniper257, Dec 2, 2008
  2. Sniper257

whatsinaname

I would guess that they were bought with "xp downgrade rights" so the keys may be technically in use.
    but on the other hand, many schools have campus wide agreements for xp.
    I would not suggest using the keys without checking with your IT department first.

whatsinaname, Dec 2, 2008
  3. Sniper257

remoh

Why don't you take the whole computers? It's stealing in both cases.

remoh, Dec 2, 2008
  4. Sniper257

chuckcalo

I'm in.

chuckcalo, Dec 2, 2008
  5. Sniper257

Sniper257

They use the same OEM key for XP that they've used since about 2 years ago when they upgraded to XP. They just ghost the image onto each pc and that's that. These keys are not in use, that's for sure.

Sniper257, Dec 2, 2008
  6. Sniper257

janss

whatsinaname is pretty much on the spot here.

The lisence keys are property of your school, but they use a corporate lisence for XP, so the individual OEM keys are not in use
    The keys on top of the machines are not free in any sense of the word, not free for use, or to take or anything. What you are planning to do is indeed illegal, and by handing them out in our forum you compromise this site by affiliating us with your actions.

Eventhough the people running this site are not responsible for any wrong-doings of individual members, we do not want anything even remotely resembling software piracy in our site.

I hope that no one in the forum will ask sniper257 to post these keys to them, and if someone does, I hope that sniper257 will not post them. I will not delete this topic at this point, but rather leave it here as an example of a borderline case for everyone to see. Also this section is not directly under my supervision, so I'll leave the decision to lock or delete this topic to the moderators of this section.

In the future, if someone faces a borderline case like this, I hope they will contact a moderator and ask for an opinion before posting a topic like this in our forum.

regards,

janss,
    your neighbourhood moderator

janss, Dec 2, 2008
  7. Sniper257

winter_war

Many schools and colleges place full versions of Office, XP and Vista on their servers for their students. They all use volume license keys and are free to download, provided you have the password.

winter_war, Dec 2, 2008
  8. Sniper257

rory

fair play he was trying to help out osme people who might not be bale to get it
    on the other hand its piracy
    and on the other hand, people will pirate one way or another
    locked!

rory, Dec 2, 2008
Ask a Question