Forum thanks and a new AA1 owner

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Lockdonnen, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Lockdonnen

Lockdonnen

Greetings!
    I first want to give my thanks to just about everyone in this forum group, this site has helped me figure out just about anything about the AA1 and I don't even own one yet! (It's on a UPS truck as I type this, refreshing the tracking number in silly amounts.)

With the help of everything in this forum I was able to create a Windows XP installer on a USB thumb drive, get new drivers that came out only yesterday of this post! And be aware of the potential pit-falls of the AA1 such as the 50/50 chance that I'll have a noisy fan but software made to lower it's speed. (Fantastic stuff!) along with upgrading the bios to v.3114 could give me a blank screen and so on.
    The model I bought is the AOA150-1006, Windows XP Home with the 120GB HDD. There seemed to be lots of ups and downs with SSD as so there is with the HDD ver but I like my space and easier/cheaper to replace with a larger size in the future or replace in case of a failure.
    Looked at all the videos and photos on how to replace the memory, pretty sure I won't be freaking out opening the laptop before I even get a chance to turn it on...

Once again this forum group is fantastic and hope to see further support for it (I've given KiNG some ad clicks to help out!)
    Hopefully next time I post here will be on my new AA1!

Lockdonnen, Aug 28, 2008
  2. Lockdonnen

Lockdonnen

My greedy mitts now have a hold of an Acer One!
    Funny how the very first thing I did was take it apart to install the ram, didn't even take a peak at the preinstalled windows just slapped on mine with the USB HDD. Everything installed just fine no hitches other than the audio driver but thanks to this forum group I was prepared and installed the windows hotfix KB835221 and things are fine.
    Got firefox running coping over some files and installing a few other apps, this little thing runs great. The HDD vibrates a little or that might the fan but I've yet to install Ralf's Fan speed program to try that out.

Lockdonnen, Aug 29, 2008
Ask a Question