forget Bios boot password!!!!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by steven.chien, Sep 23, 2008.

1. steven.chien

steven.chien

I forget the aspire one linux version, BIOS boot password, what should i do, i can't access the computer. will acer decrypt it free for me? it is still in warranty

steven.chien, Sep 23, 2008
  2. steven.chien

N6546R

The maintenance manual has a procedure for resetting the BIOS password: http://www.filefactory.com/file/2aed0e

Perry
    http://www.kidpub.com

N6546R, Sep 23, 2008
  3. steven.chien

steven.chien

I can't access to the computer at all(block by bios password) and i don't want to remove any cover of the computer, will that book teach that?

steven.chien, Sep 23, 2008
  4. steven.chien

lxxl

here you have my friend bios and hdd unlock ;)
    Code:
    [url]http://rapidshare.com/files/147713689/AsOne_unlock.rar[/url]

For bios pass:
    turn on ASONE, choose F12 for boot menu, 3 time hit enter for system pass, 4 step will show unlock code or msg about system lock, hit enter again you you will have boot menu, choose USB stick,
    boot from USB stick, and start only unlockpw.exe all dirty work will be done ;)

Hdd:
    no need to boot from usb, use "UnlockHD.EXE code" example UnlockHD.EXE 123456 code you will see if you hit 3 times enter in hdd pass prompt ;)

ease yee ?

cheers
    :twisted:

lxxl, Sep 23, 2008
  5. steven.chien

steven.chien

i don't understand, once I saw the Acer screen, i press F12, then it prompt for password, i press enter 3times, then it shows system will halt! press any key to continue, than it freeze

steven.chien, Sep 24, 2008
  6. steven.chien

steven.chien

I called Acer and they said that there is no way to solve the problem because of the boot password. I need to return it the Acer Costumer service center and pay HK$300, thats US$40
    I don't think that is a problem cost by me, when I set the password, I enter 7 number and press tab want to go to next line, but instead, a star appear, and I think that that is a Charter, so I keep it.
    When i boot the computer, it prompt for password, and when I press Tab, nothing appear, and so i can't get in the system, I do think this is not my problem, instead this is a problem by Acer, do you think I can argue with them so as not to pay the HK$300?

7. steven.chien

rbil

rbil, Sep 24, 2008
  8. steven.chien

steven.chien

seems you guys don't understands what i mean or i did not state clearly, the enabled the power on password, so there is no way to do any operation!, unless remove the internal battery, but i can't do so, so I must take it back to Acer..... :(

9. steven.chien

macles

macles, Sep 24, 2008
  10. steven.chien

Darryl

Can you remember your old passwd? I thought I had done just this but it turned out that the bios had changed my passwd to uppercase (capslock)

Darryl, Sep 24, 2008
  11. steven.chien

steven.chien

I took the machine to Acer's costumer service center, they take a look and say that this seems to be a special incident(because i use a Tab key as password, but can't type when prompt for password), he said that they may not charge me for the fee. This is a good news, I left it there, and they will reset the BIOS

steven.chien, Sep 25, 2008
Ask a Question