For a simple person on the go?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by pysta, Apr 25, 2009.

1. pysta

pysta

Hi,

My friend finaly made me wonder if buying an Archos 5 was the best purchase for me as I am a great user of pcs. I am the simple kind of person to enjoy taking long walk with my dog and listening to music on the go into a forest and just walk. The kind of person to check flyer for weekly shopping, to watch movies while playing on my big desktop pc games and to chat via msn, skype and other chat. I was wondering if it would be possible with a nice little backpack to simply put an Acer in it and listen to music while walking or you cant do that when the pc screen is close? The Acer Aspire One is rather a curious item for me as it could simply do all what I need to do on the go everywhere I go whenever I need and release my desktop pc of all the chat/movie/music program and concentrate it to play my games at their fullest.

For a simple person on the go simply walking outside with is Acer in a backpack connect to earphone... is that possible or only a dream for now?

Thank you in advance.

pysta, Apr 25, 2009
  2. pysta

melhiore

It is possible obviously. All you have to do is changing Power setting to ignore closing the lid and that's it... You can pout your AA1 to your backpack and enjoy... Remember only that AA1 is electric device and ventilation/cooling is necessary so you can not cut all the air routes to backpack...

melhiore, Apr 25, 2009
  3. pysta

pysta

Hello and thank you my friend. Can you tell me does it generate alot of heat or could I open a lil the backpack and it could be ok?

pysta, Apr 25, 2009
  4. pysta

DonQuichote

If you want to listen to music, I'd recommend an MP3 player. It weighs nothing compared to a netbook, does not need cooling and almost certainly has a better battery life.

If you want to check the internet, or do phone calls with it, you'd have to have access to the internet. I do not know how many wifi access points there are in the forest, but I think you would need a cell-modem as well (newer models may already have one, but mine does not). If you are resting at, say, an internet café, you could use wifi (where I live, we have cafés that offer a wifi connection, but not that many).

So I would use a separate MP3 player when walking and only fire up the netbook when sitting down. You can then watch films, play games or whatever. You can "hibernate" the machine, so it will power off and continue later on at the same point as if it were not powered off at all. If it is only used outside of the backpack, you need no cooling obviously.

This is how I use it as well. It is a nice machine to use in the train and I hibernate the machine when I reach the station where I have to get off. I always carry it in my backpack. I have the 8GB SSD model and put Xubuntu on it instead of Linpus. I use it to do web development for my homepage.

DonQuichote, Apr 25, 2009
Ask a Question