Fn + F6 causes standby mode after a while

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by keksler, Dec 22, 2008.

1. keksler

keksler

I want to use my AAO as downloader for large files / streams and music box for some hours. Therefore I´ve deactivated any standby mode at KPowersave if the computer is connected via power cord.

It works fine, audio and network are up all the time. Then I've discovered that I could disable background light (Fn + F6) during the night. This works for a while as expected but after some time which I couldn't measure so far the system starts to sleep.

Where can I change the settings for background light to avoid that behaviour?

Thanks!

keksler, Dec 22, 2008
  2. keksler

keksler

It seems that the "black" screensaver works also under certain conditions (only downloading, only playing music) but the color is actually lighter than the monitor turned off.

Therefore it provides just a little advantage in order to save energy ;)

keksler, Dec 28, 2008
  3. keksler

jeremysdad

Left click on the battery/power icon in the task bar. This will display the optional power modes. Select "Always ON". As long as you have it plugged into the wall, it will not go into Sleep or Hibernate. The screen will turn off after 20 minutes, but it seems as though you are doing that manually, anyway. I haven't tried it, as I have no use to not let mine sleep, but that is what I would try if I were trying to do the same. Of course, this is me assuming that you have Windows.

jeremysdad, Dec 28, 2008
  4. keksler

keksler

KPowersave indicates I have Linpus on my box ;)

Anyway, thank you in the name of all XP AAO users!

keksler, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question