Flickering screen

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tenntech, Aug 30, 2017.

1. tenntech

tenntech

HP Pavillion DV7-3089wm
    Laptop running Win 10

Laptop screen will light up but stays mostly black and then starts flickering like bad connection and then will go black again untill I wake it up and then I can see the screen pic when flickering.

What I have found so far and what I have done:

The external monitor works just fine''' Have no problem using on external monitor.
    I replaced the screen and the video cable and checked all connections.
    I have inspected all connections and cabels.

At this point I have reached the end of ideas. Would appreciate any suggestions.

tenntech, Aug 30, 2017
  2. tenntech

Travis Kidraiki

Dear tenntech,

"I replaced the screen and the video cable and checked all connections.
    I have inspected all connections and cabels."

If I understand correctly, You already bought a new screen for Your laptop?

Travis

Travis Kidraiki, Sep 21, 2017
  3. tenntech

tenntech

Yes I gave up on it. I replaced the screen and the video cable. It works fine on external monitor. The only thing I could think of next was to check the route from the connector on the very left side to the video chip area. The screen would come on at time and just flicker,bounce,intermittent.At this point all I have are some parts for sale. Thanks for note.

tenntech, Sep 21, 2017
  4. tenntech

Travis Kidraiki

That is puzzling. The problem could be the connection to the motherboard/video card itself but unfortunetly that is as far as my expertise goes. I know it has been an issue of the connection but since You replaced the screen and the cable that leave little else.
    A dumb suggestion but if You already haven't. Double check the connections to the screen itself.
    If all else fails, taking it to a repair shop seems to be Your safest best since You already bought the new screen and the cable.

Sorry I can't help You any further.

Travis

Travis Kidraiki, Sep 21, 2017
Ask a Question