Flickering Screen on lowest brightness?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by DuckieJen, Jan 16, 2009.

1. DuckieJen

DuckieJen

Howdy everybody,
    I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if this has been asked and resolved before. I didn't see it when I was searching but I may easily have overlooked it.

Okay, so.
    Has anybody had the problem where the screen flickers on its lowest brightness? I put it on the lowest brightness to conserve battery power, but I've noticed it flickers. It seems a lot of times to be related to text input, it's doing it as I type this, actually, but other times it just decides to flicker at its own will. It's not a very BRIGHT flicker, but it's enough difference to bug me when I'm sitting in class trying to take notes. It does it when it's plugged in too.

Is the acer just quirky or is there something I can do about this? (aside from raising the brightness level)

Thanks!

DuckieJen, Jan 16, 2009
  2. DuckieJen

goofball

If you update the BIOS, it should go away, anything newer than 3114 should fix this as it disables the option to reach the lower level brightness settings.

goofball, Jan 16, 2009
Ask a Question