Flaws in smart toy back-end servers puts kids and their families at risk

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Over the past two years security researchers have shown that many Internet-connected "smart" devices have not been designed with security in mind. This also seems to be the case for their back-end systems.

The latest example are flaws found in the Web services operated by smart-toy makers which could expose children's personal information and location.

Researchers from security firm Rapid7 found serious vulnerabilities in the Web application programming interfaces (APIs) used by the Smart Toy line of interactive stuffed animals and the hereO GPS watch for children.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3028...ers-puts-kids-and-their-families-at-risk.html

Sefie, Feb 4, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

You know this is one of those occasions that I am glad I have no younger kids to buy SmartToy for. My youngest is already 17 so he knows what to do with his gadgets. Even when he was young, we are on a tight budget always so he is limited with things like this.

IcyBC, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Sefie

something back

Most baby monitors, and even home security camera systems are vulnerable.

People need to alter the DEFAULT PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY

something back, Feb 7, 2016
Ask a Question