Flashpoint SSD accelerator?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by OldPhil, May 11, 2009.

1. OldPhil

OldPhil

Just wondering if by chance would Flashpoint work on a machine with a HD , was thinking the program might just speed up all slower machines.

Phil

Every SSD Aspire owner needs "Flashpoint it is fabulous!

OldPhil, May 11, 2009
  2. OldPhil

jackluo923

It'll work on computers with HDD, but the effects of speed gain will be minimal.

jackluo923, May 12, 2009
  3. OldPhil

OldPhil

It did such a great job on my travel top I could not resist asking, I have an old Dell 733 as a backup machine. It takes about the same time as making a ham sandwich to boot, I am tempted to give it a try!

Thanks for your response!

Phil

OldPhil, May 12, 2009
  4. OldPhil

jackluo923

Instead of using flashpoint on your dell 733, you'd definetly get better result by learning nlite and slim down windows xp. You'll probably cut down the boot time by 80%.

jackluo923, May 12, 2009
  5. OldPhil

mesly33

I've got a Sylvania G Netbook, the original one with a 3400 RPM hard drive <-- which translates into very SLOW. I have used Flashpoint with it and it works very well in speeding it up. Now the stability of the software itself remains in question, but its getting better all the time. So, to answer your question, yes it will work with a hard drive, but I would think that the faster the hard drive, the less noticeable the speed increase would be.

mesly33, May 12, 2009
Ask a Question