Fixed! BIOS recovery -> Think my AAO just died....

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by goofball, Aug 25, 2008.

1. goofball

goofball

Changed the bios option for D2D to disabled, and after saving and exiting, that's all she wrote. Nothing on the screen. Nothing seems to work either, no keyboard or HD activity.

Already took the whole laptop apart, removed the RAM that I had installed, removed the CMOS battery, removed the upgraded HD. Still nothing.

Spent most of the day customizing and setting Vista up too. Gonna throw the old HD back in, try one more time, and then it's off to RMA-land.

Curses.... :evil:

goofball, Aug 25, 2008
  2. goofball

macles

macles, Aug 25, 2008
  3. goofball

goofball

goofball, Aug 25, 2008
  4. goofball

Casterton

My AA1 has frozen twice now, the first time I couldn't do anything with it so I took it back to PC World, who changed it for a new one.

The second time I realised that I was trying to do the same thing - to boot from a USB Flash Disk and on the Boot list the device "USB: memory" was listed. This appears to have caused the problem, anyway Macles's procedure has got me out of trouble.

Needless to say I won't be doing that again

Casterton, Aug 25, 2008
Ask a Question