Fix for the Built In Microphone with XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Kartikay, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Kartikay

Kartikay

I really do not know why it the Built in microphone works now this time but here is what I did:

I Downloaded Acer's RealTek driver installer here:
    http://www.acerpanam.com/flex/acer/...x=1&bf37-selectedIndex=1&4f90-selectedIndex=1

It should be "Audio_Realtek_v.5.10.0.5628"

I uninstalled the RealTek application from Add/Remove Programs and when it asked to restart I said yes.

When the Acer boots you should see that Windows has found new software. Click Cancel. (If you do not see this after you restart, which I have not in the past, you might try to uninstall the driver using the device manager.)

Install the Driver you downloaded from Acer using the Setup.EXE.

Reboot.

Let me know if it works for you. They seem to be changing the downloads for the One.

Kartikay, Oct 23, 2008
  2. Kartikay

bulldogmx

It Works, thanks a lot!!! :D :D :D :D

bulldogmx, Oct 26, 2008
  3. Kartikay

robandjeanne

Alas and alac! This is frustrating. I followed your process and got my AA1 microphone working one time only. The next time the acer turned on there was no mike. Was your Realtek v.5.10.0.5628 a compressed file? In despiration I tried to get the system to find the driver which it could not do probably because the driver was compressed. By the way, there may be some difference in drivers because I could not raise the site that was suggested, and tried an alternate acer source at www.acerpanam.com. I noticed when checking the mike volume in the voice tab (CP then sounds and audio devices) one driver shows only the mike, the other shows mike and stereo mixer. When I got mine working I was on battery, but I can't imagine this having anything to do with it. So I'm still trying to get the built in mike working.

robandjeanne, Dec 11, 2008
Ask a Question