Fish Tank Laptop

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by baldyhead, Dec 28, 2015.

1. baldyhead

baldyhead

I want to finally finish up something I started a year ago and that's build a completely submerged PC within a Fish Tank. My biggest concern is how the fish will respond to the lighting and vibrations created by the PC. I have a friend who works with glass that will be able to build me a two stage fish tank that seperates the PC components and the Fish and he should be sure that the water doesn't get in the wrong side and vice versa for the mineral oil.

Has anyone built a submerged PC before that has any insight on what I'll need to look out for?

baldyhead, Dec 28, 2015
  2. baldyhead

Sefie

Woah :O Sadly no, I haven't tried such a thing, but maybe one of our members has ;) I think that is amazing to be honest, and I truly hope you can show it a picture of your project one it's done. I'd love to see that! This ought to be one of the most interesting and fascinating projects I've heard about in a while :)

Sefie, Dec 30, 2015
  3. baldyhead

nytegeek

Interesting project, but even if you use a laptop for it I don't think you can continue to call it a laptop.

nytegeek, Dec 31, 2015
  4. baldyhead

PingPongCall

That sounds awesome, can you post some progress pics or a concept drawing, I'm having trouble picturing this one.

PingPongCall, Jan 11, 2016
Ask a Question