Firefox 3 - Ninjavideo/DivX

Discussion in 'Linux' started by bang, Nov 11, 2008.

1. bang

bang

All I get is a white screen but sound? It's using the mplayer plugin automatically! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

bang, Nov 11, 2008
  2. bang

daldred

Sounds like a codec problem, but these things can be tricky when there's a plugin involved as well. Can you download a divx video and see if it will play in mplayer?

(You may need to install a graphical front end to mplayer - I think smplayer is in the add/remove software area).

daldred, Nov 11, 2008
  3. bang

bang

Mmmmmmmm, just thought! I've downloaded VLC which we all know plays most things! Could I do something in about:config for it to use that to play embedded images!? I downloaded smplayer but it seems to use some mplayer plugin that I don't know where came from! When I had FF2 I can swear the site worked when I tested it on day 1! Before I started breaking everything....! :) :eek:

Does the site works on yours???

bang, Nov 11, 2008
  4. bang

daldred

I'm not within reach of my One at the moment - I'll let you know later on when I can test it.

daldred, Nov 11, 2008
  5. bang

bang

What a star! ;)

bang, Nov 11, 2008
  6. bang

daldred

Actually, just realised, I can't test FF3 on my One since I've not installed it! :oops: I can check that FF2 is working with this site, though.

There's a thread here: http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=167 on which there are instructions for installing the VLC plugin for Firefox, though - could be worth trying since you've got VLC working....

daldred, Nov 11, 2008
  7. bang

daldred

Either I can't work out how this site is meant to work, or it doesn't work for me in FF2!

I get some sort of little applet; I then navigate to a video and get a white square!

FWIW it doesn't work in my main machine, with Firefox 3 and loads of multimedia stuff installed - I have no issues running DivX videos (from file) there.

daldred, Nov 11, 2008
  8. bang

bang

All very interesting Dave! Nice of you to take the time to check and come back to me! Now let's p*** about a bit more now....!:)

bang, Nov 11, 2008
Ask a Question