Finally!! What to expect windows 29th july upgrade.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by something back, Jul 2, 2015.

1. something back

something back

something back, Jul 2, 2015
  2. something back

Sefie

Cool! I have already reserved my free copies for both of my laptops. I'm really looking forward to july 29. I miss the start button back, so glad we will be getting it back soon. Good to know we will have a year starting on july 29, I thought they were going to start counting since the day they started offering the free updates.

Sefie, Jul 8, 2015
  3. something back

Lun

I'm excited for this. I just hope my programs and games will have no compatibility issues.

The last part caught my attention though. Microsoft will be considering P2P distribution of updates to lower load on servers? Is that really a good idea? Isn't P2P a little too risky for something like crucial OS updates?

Lun, Jul 10, 2015
  4. something back

ryanch94

Not really, I think we can assume that they'll use checksum data to verify all the data being transferred over P2P is identical to the data being sent from their servers to make sure nothing has been tampered with. A common misconception about P2P is it's easy to get viruses and malware through it. You only get those if you download a 'fake' torrent (for example, a copy of a game that's only a few MB in size, but actually contains malware)

ryanch94, Jul 10, 2015
  5. something back

Lun

Oh, that's a relief to know. I was always under the impression that torrenting in general is risky as it gives attackers the opportunity to manipulate the packets of data by adding malicious software some way or another. I'm not really sure how it's done as I have no experience in hacking or security whatsoever, but I've been warned before through tech forums about public torrents posing potential risk to my computer. Even though I use torrents everyday, but as a not-so-tech-savvy user, I still worry about that.

Lun, Jul 11, 2015
Ask a Question