Final cut express or pro work?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Tac tics288, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Tac tics288

Tac tics288

Hi, for all those running OSX on their AA1's, i was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to run final cut express or pro on the AA1. Also if anyone can get it to work, what are the specs of you machine. I know final cut is very labor intensive and will probably not work, but i would very much like to know if it is possible. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tac tics288, Oct 24, 2008
  2. Tac tics288

Guest Guest

FCP on a 1024x600 screen? Are you suicidal?

Guest, Oct 25, 2008
  3. Tac tics288

sabotai

I have FCP 6 running on my Hackintosh Pro, but there's no way it would run on the AA1. You couldn't fit all the windows in 1024x600 and you need a decent dedicated video card to run it.

sabotai, Oct 27, 2008
  4. Tac tics288

beneditor

Whilst I agree about the screen size, I think you could run FCP on the Aspire, as it does not require heavy graphics use, unlike Motion in the Final Cut Studio bundle. You'd need to install FCP manually, outside the FCS installer as the installer would likely fail the system test.

I'm a pro editor, and own several FCP licences, so I may give this a go soon for fun - although I may do a retail OSX install first...

Ben

beneditor, Oct 28, 2008
  5. Tac tics288

Tac tics288

Well, i got an answer. I ended up installing this my self and it works :D It actually works pretty well. Rendering does take a little longer than it would on a macbook, but FCP is definitely useable. Not sure about how well it will be able to capture, but when i try out more things, i will update this.

Tac tics288, Nov 1, 2008
Ask a Question