Few questions about windows.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DigitalNinja, Aug 31, 2008.

1. DigitalNinja

DigitalNinja

So I'm trying to customize my windows install, just the one that came with my netbook. I really want a black theme, but none of them work, it just goes to the windows 98 theme instead. Style XP wont work either as the windows is not the right version, how do I fix this?
    Also Nlite, I want to get rid of some of the stuff on windows to speed it up, but I guess Nlite needs to make a new CD? Or doesit just delete everything? Any other tips to speed it up will be great.

DigitalNinja, Aug 31, 2008
  2. DigitalNinja

mazade

Hi there,
    About nLite: it will not work on currently installed windows.. it takes the install files from the CD and mods everything so when you install from that all the settings will be as you choose.
    Have you looked up or tried the "XPize" transformation pack or the "Vista Transformation Pack"?? I am not sure if they do much to a persons ability to change the themeing of XP... but I am familiar in how they do spiffy up a good number of things and give it a nicer more 'customized' look.

mazade, Sep 2, 2008
  3. DigitalNinja

Bastian

Bastian, Sep 2, 2008
Ask a Question