FBI's iPhone Hack May Not Necessarily Crack Other Cases: Experts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

The FBI's discovery of a way to hack into the phone of one of the San Bernardino killers may not be the master key that allows prosecutors across the country to unlock iPhones in hundreds of more ordinary criminal cases.

The FBI may not quickly share the technique it used with local law enforcement agencies, New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton said Tuesday. And even if it does, the hack may be too expensive for district attorneys' offices, Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. has said.

Also, technology experts said it is not at all certain whether the technique can work with other types of iPhones.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/fbis-iphone-hack-may-not-necessarily-crack-other-cases-819714

Sefie, Mar 30, 2016
  2. Sefie

Fermin420

I just hear this on the news! this is going to be big for sure. I heard snowden is saying they been doing that for a long time now, and iPhone and many other people are suing the FBI. Its too soon to have accurate information on this topic but thats basically whats happening.

Fermin420, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Sefie

IcyBC

I guess it is a good news for iPhone users! Not that I am using it for anything illegal as I don't even download music or movie :) The FBI or any legal agencies should be able to access the phones that used it to do bad things though.

IcyBC, Mar 30, 2016
  4. Sefie

IBMPC8088

Snowden is a joke and always has been. He reiterates things that are over 10 years old in some areas, and information that has been known for over 20 years in others. He's just there to fool the masses, and I don't take anything he says seriously and never will. He's a great crisis actor and paid well to stay distant to play the role of being excommunicated from the authority of US agency labels, but I would take it with a grain of salt unless you saw him repeating what was known over a decade ago again.

The iPhone has always been hackable and exploitable just like android always has been and still is. Apple is upset because not only do the feds want access to it, they want to have access to Apple's method which not only makes it possible for them to thwart Apple's control over it if they want to, it can also be more easily available to rivals which would hurt Apple's profits and marketability significantly in the future. Although the public is being told that they and other companies are onboard to cheer and champion digital freedom (laugh!), the truth is that it can hurt all of their profits and underhanded reselling of your private data among other things they get out of it today.

The feds don't care about that as long as they have their way and their data, so the corporations that stand to lose from not being exclusively able to charge top dollar and be the only ones to sabotage user devices for pay anymore makes it a 'bad thing' to them. Consequently, either result is a bad thing for the consumer!

IBMPC8088, Mar 31, 2016
  5. Sefie

obliviousme

I really admire Apple for not giving in to FBI's demands no matter how big of an issue this has become. I love that they firmly stuck to their words in keeping the customer's security protected at all cost.

obliviousme, May 15, 2016
  6. Sefie

Sefie

You always come up with theories that make so much sense to me, including the Snowden one. Do you think he is actually working with the US, just fooling the masses? Like some sort of distraction? That would make a lot sense... because well, how could he just get away? I mean, come on... the government has killed almost every person they meant to kill. But I am going ff topic :p

Anyways, yes, I think that is why Apple was so afraid to do that. It's understandable, but the government always finds a way to get their hands in everything...

Sefie, May 25, 2016
Ask a Question