Favorite Version of Windows Ever?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by LindaKay, Jan 23, 2014.

1. LindaKay

LindaKay

What has been your favorite version of Windows so far?

XP was by far my most favorite. It was so easy to use; I knew it like the back of my hand.

I use Windows 7 now and wouldn't suggest using XP anymore due to Microsoft's stopping the support for it, but I have to say that I miss it.

What about you guys? Any other XP fans out there? Anyone love other versions of Windows the most?

LindaKay, Jan 23, 2014
  2. LindaKay

Nestone50

Seems the rule of thumb is every other version of a Windows OS is good.
    Window 95 good
    Windows 98 bad
    Windows 98SE good
    Windows ME bad
    Windows XP good
    Windows Vista bad
    Windows 7 good
    Windows 8 bad
    Windows 9 ?

Nestone50, Jan 23, 2014
    mikelouis and Ian like this.
  3. LindaKay

elPaulio Moderator

Totally agree with Netstone50's comment.
    And as for favourite XP was so robust and the best of all (Windows) worlds so I would choose that also.

Paul

elPaulio, Jan 24, 2014
    Ian likes this.
  4. LindaKay

Ian Administrator

I pretty much agree with your sentiment too - XP was great and one of my favourite operating systems, but Windows 7 has taken it's place now. I really hope MS pull something out of the bag with Windows 9!

Ian, Jan 24, 2014
  5. LindaKay

pandandesign

My favorite version of the Windows operating system is Windows 7, which is one of the best and stable Windows OS besides Windows XP. I like how I am able to customize the interface much better on Windows 7 than Windows Vista. Windows 7 runs very smooth on my computer, plus it doesn't get slow like Windows Vista does so often on my computer.

pandandesign, Feb 3, 2014
  6. LindaKay

autograph

My favourite version is Windows 7. It is one of the latest stable release from Microsoft after the fluke Vista. Oh man, how I hated Vista so much. So far, I do not really have any problem with Windows 7. My experience with this OS has been superb.

autograph, Feb 22, 2014
  7. LindaKay

Sefie

When I was younger I really liked Windows ME. Now that I'm much older and currently using 8.1 (not as bad as haters say it is, but not as good as supporters say it is either) I really miss windows 7. I'd be so happy to downgrade!

Sefie, Feb 23, 2014
  8. LindaKay

Sefie

You are so lucky to still be using Windows 7. I would be so happy if I could use it on my new laptop. Actually there are many questions I would like to post here, but I will once I am back home :) Windows 7 was great, hope windows 9 is similar.

Sefie, Feb 23, 2014
  9. LindaKay

NeroFerk

I love using windows 7. If I had to use Windows 8 or Windows XP I would make do with what I got.

NeroFerk, Feb 25, 2014
  10. LindaKay

Carles

Windows 7 is my favorite hands down. I prefer the layout and design to the version before and I enjoy the simplicity compared to Windows 8.

Carles, Feb 26, 2014
  11. LindaKay

jordanmc97

Windows 7 is also my favourite, it's very simple, beatiful design, I've currently got windows 8 and it's too much like a smart phone.

jordanmc97, Feb 26, 2014
  12. LindaKay

mikelouis

Just like someone highlighted above, it is like Microsoft is alternating good and bad operating systems. I think Windows 7 is the best. It has great stability and can work on several machines. It is much lighter and would recommend anyone to use it.

mikelouis, Mar 3, 2014
  13. LindaKay

Clanky

Windows 7. I won't talk about the versions under XP. I just dislike Windows 8 because of its GUI, I really hate this metro style. Windows Vista is just a resource-eating, useless operating system. Windows XP was quite okay, but it's outdated now, so I go with Windows 7. Also I don't like the GUI of XP very much.

Clanky, Mar 4, 2014
Ask a Question