Favorite search engine and why?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

What's your favorite search engine, guys? And why is it your favorite? I'm looking forward to check your answers :)

I use Google as my main search engine (I also have access to others through the drop down menu, but I never use them), I know is not perfect, but I think it's much better than my former search engine: Yahoo. To be honest I have no idea how it was possible for me to keep on using that search engine for years.

I have heard that some people complain about Google because of all the bait links you come across while searching for something truly popular. But I think you can avoid falling prey of those by just using your common sense. Some people have gone as far as saying they will switch to Bing for that reason.

I'd be so interested how many of you use Bing vs how many use Google :D So what's your fav search engine then?

Sefie, Sep 5, 2015
  2. Sefie

Ian Administrator

Google all the way for me!

I've tried using Bing on occasion, but it's just not as good. Some of the others seem terrible and really make me question how they work. In fact, I don't really know anyone that uses anything other than Google! :eek:

Ian, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Sefie

something back

something back, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

Google is my prefer search engine and I usually find what I want to know with it. I have no problem. I know others swear on Bing results, but it is not for me. I have a feeling that when I search for something using Google, it is more in depth than Bing.

IcyBC, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Sefie

Sefie

@IcyBC Same here, I just don't like the feel of Bing, last time I checked I didn't like the design... it looked like the theme was taken our from one of those cheap theme stores... so miscellaneous looking. I guess I am too used to Google.

@something back Awesome, I'll be living so close, so I might use that one too :) I order many things from the UK :) I'll be doing that more soon, my brother in law is British as well. They don't pay tax in the Netherlands :O

Sefie, Sep 6, 2015
  6. Sefie

Sefie

@Ian Not so long ago I used Yahoo ;) Hehehe, I was young and naive :p I'm glad I gave Google a try, it's so much better. I'm glad I hear it form an expert, I had been thinking of giving Bing a try after all the wonderful things a guy said about it. I said wh not give it a try, but meh, let's just use our common sense and we shall be safe!

Sefie, Sep 6, 2015
    Ian likes this.
  7. Sefie

jamesbonner

Google is the best search engine I ever tried and used, and I'm using it for years now, why ? because it simply gives you the best results basing on your needs, it's like a humain, it can understand you, correct your mistakes and gives you the best results !

jamesbonner, Sep 20, 2015
  8. Sefie

alicecelli

Google is my favorite. I've been trying out Bing since they have a rewards program, but they just don't have google's reliability. Plus google's suggestions at the top of the search results are usually pretty accurate.

alicecelli, Sep 20, 2015
  9. Sefie

jamesbonner

yes, Bing have rewards program, but that still don't attract me to use it, because it looks like just basic research engine, it doesn't have the same features like google ! google still the best !

jamesbonner, Sep 21, 2015
  10. Sefie

Sefie

@aliceceli Really? What kind of reward program are we talking about here? ;) I hadn't heard about this until now, is it any good? I guess they really needed to be offering something in exchange, so people would give them a chance over Google, otherwise I don't think people would.

Sefie, Sep 23, 2015
  11. Sefie

Sefie

@jamesbonner Yeah, Google search is definitely the kind of search engines right now, I don't think any other search engine will ever come close to this kind of success with people. I'm actually so surprised I spent so much time using Yahoo search, back then I was so young and naive :oops:

Sefie, Sep 23, 2015
  12. Sefie

thess

I always use Google. It's just so easy and organized. It's always been my go-to.

thess, Oct 9, 2015
  13. Sefie

Sefie

Google Chrome is awesome, I never thought i'd ever use it for something else that didn't involve online banking, but look at me now! I could export all my bookmarks safely to chrome I think I would uninstall Firefox. It's just I don't like the way bookmarks are organized on chrome, but f*ck it! I will give it a try now! I'm so fed up with Firefox.

Sefie, Oct 10, 2015
  14. Sefie

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:Yeah I like google chrome too it's got everything!! I have bing.com/rewards and go there a lot so I can make amazon gift cards or donate to charity too.

Krissttina Isobe, Dec 7, 2015
  15. Sefie

Sefie

I have officially stopped using Firefox completely :) I exported my bookmarks some weeks ago, and ever since I haven't looked back ;) Now I guess the next step would be to completely uninstall Firefox, but I have more than enough space in my laptop, so that can wait.

Sefie, Dec 11, 2015
  16. Sefie

typist88

Oh this is a good topic, mostly because recently I've been wanting to branch out from Google, which I've been using strictly for the last decade. From a quick glance of the thread, it looks like Bing and Yahoo might be some other options for me to try. This is mostly for when I need to do searches that provide more... how do I say it? Alternative(?) results. Sometimes I find the google results to be too limited, or overtaken by the high-paying sites, when I would rather find some smaller or local stores. So then periodically I'll use Yahoo. lol I might need to find a few more options though.

typist88, Dec 21, 2015
  17. Sefie

Sefie

Really? Have you found things using Yahoo that you just didn't' using Google? I guess I really need to take a look at Yahoo then :) I often feel I'm not seeing everything that is there to see when looking for something very specific.

Sefie, Dec 28, 2015
Ask a Question