fan noise

Discussion in 'Linux' started by gamiotis, Oct 26, 2008.

1. gamiotis

gamiotis

hello i just buy the aspire one i think is the best netbook and i love it the only problem is the fan noise..how can i fix it?any hack?plz help the fan noise is too badd
    thanks for reading..

gamiotis, Oct 26, 2008
  2. gamiotis

daldred

You did search, didn't you? Search box up at top right, put 'fan noise' in there, and see what comes up.

The most useful thread is probably the one called 'Fanless Aspire One'; somewhere in there (on about page 26) you'll find links to some software developed by Rachel Greenham and others to control the fan.

daldred, Oct 26, 2008
  3. gamiotis

gamiotis

i just call to Acer service and they told to me that i must format my One again and the problem with the fun will be gone.. lol ..so how i format my one?

gamiotis, Oct 27, 2008
  4. gamiotis

Tamrac

That is the most unbelievable response I have ever heard from technical service... wow! Thay actually told you to just format your AAO? Geeze!!!!

Here's the deal. There are AAO with silent and there are ones with noisy fans... You on the noisy fan group unfortunately. One solution is to upgrade your BIOS to the latest version. Since ACER made a few tweaks so that the FAN speed is now temperature controlled and will somehow help. 2nd is installing a fan control software to only enable the fan when it reaches a preset temperature.

Like what Daldred mentioned earlier. Please use the search tool, as there are ALOT of threads already about the fans.

And oh btw, just a reminder... format of your AAO WILL NOT help your fan going silent. Cheers bro. ;)

Tamrac, Oct 27, 2008
Ask a Question