fail to read usbstick or sdcard

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jbrf00, Dec 17, 2008.

1. jbrf00

jbrf00

when i plugg in the sdcard or the usbstick, i get an errormessage saying "Failed to execute child process exo-mount... I totally new at linux, know absolutely nada... what do i do? return the computer ;) please help!!!

jbrf00, Dec 17, 2008
  2. jbrf00

RockDoctor

Your error message looks like a permissions problem. Have you updated your system? If you haven't rebooted since updating your system, do so and try again. Sorry I can't be of more help, but folks here who actually use Linpus can probably help you fixthe problem

RockDoctor, Dec 18, 2008
  3. jbrf00

kraftwerkdevo

I have recently also encounted the same error:

Failed to mount "SSD/MMC drive."

Failed to execute child process "exo-mount" (No such file or directory).

The problems started after I tried plugging in a 500GB external USB drive which was NTFS formatted out of the box. I haven't made any changes to the system settings

kraftwerkdevo, Jan 6, 2009
  4. jbrf00

RockDoctor

I'm just guessing here, but since you haven't received any other responses, I'll give it a shot. If you're using Linpus with the advanced desktop (rather than the default) switch back to the default desktop and reboot. If this doesn't work, it shouldn't do your system any harm

RockDoctor, Jan 7, 2009
Ask a Question