Factory Default Disc - 5 Laptops

Discussion in 'Windows' started by stephano, Feb 16, 2010.

1. stephano

stephano

I just purchased 5 Acer Aspire 5732z laptops for a project (I work for a University).

I'm making the "factory default discs" for the first laptop now. Am I correct in assuming that these discs will work for all 5 laptops?

Also, is there a way to do a clean install of just the drivers and windows? I'd rather not have any other programs loaded on these laptops.

Cheers!
    Stephano

stephano, Feb 16, 2010
  2. stephano

KiNG

yes, need to check with your uni windows agreements for installing windows of course :)

if you have win7 iso, you can edit it isomagic (www.isomagic.com) make a folder with called programs etc.. fire all the programs and drivers into that.

You prob can also slipstream the process as well (only ever done it on winxp) (search on google for slipstream windows7) cant remember the name of the program to hand, but was very handy.

Windows7 will normally pick up the drivers automatically anyhow, any odd driver you might have to get from windows update or from the acers site.

gd luck

KiNG, Feb 17, 2010
  3. stephano

stephano

Ah, very cool. Thank you.

Looks like nLite and vLite can slipstream earlier windows versions. I'm sure I'll find one for Windows 7.

Cheers!
    Stephano

stephano, Feb 17, 2010
Ask a Question