Facebook users beware a new malware ( video post ) is doing the rounds.

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by something back, Apr 15, 2016.

1. something back

something back

something back, Apr 15, 2016
    IBMPC8088, IcyBC and spence88 like this.
  2. something back

spence88

That's quite scary. Thanks for the heads up. So even FaceBook is not safe now?!
    The article says something about the malware only targeting Chrome, I wonder why that is?
    Probably best to stay away from using FaceBook on Chrome for now or simply stop clicking/watching videos.

spence88, Apr 16, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. something back

Sefie

Thank you very much for sharing this piece of information, I no longer use Facebook actively, but I still have a Facebook account I used to log in easily into web sites and get services more easily. I'll be careful next time I open I use it!

Sefie, Apr 16, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. something back

IcyBC

That's scary! Is it the video only when you click on it? I don't do that often but very rarely.

IcyBC, Apr 16, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  5. something back

IBMPC8088

Typical. That's what happens when people misuse extensions on browsers and something that no one needed (fbml) was forced onto being a part of every user experience for each member of Facebook. Facebook is ultimately responsible for the users being hacked since they implemented the means to do it without the users being able to control it as usual. Yet another reason not to use it, or Google Chrome for that matter.

At least we don't have to worry about that here, right? :)

IBMPC8088, Apr 16, 2016
  6. something back

FenWoFon

I have seen that virus before, I do not really know if I should actually call it a virus but it really looks like one, however every time I see that kind of links I just avoid it because they're mostly shared as adult video's links and other kind of videos, they are quite dangerous as well, it might somehow damage your reputation.

FenWoFon, Apr 16, 2016
  7. something back

fcuco

All facebook videos are malware in a sense since you are forced to watch them now that they decided to auto play them as soon as you scroll past them, this auto playing of html 5 videos is the worst thing that ever happened to the internet, worse part is that it is almost impossible to stop by simply switching tome browsers features, for google chrome there is no setting to stop auto play of videos you have to actually go ahead and download yet another extension to accomplish that, what a load of nonsense.

fcuco, Apr 17, 2016
Ask a Question