Facebook Drains Your iPhone Battery Because It's Tracking Your Location: Report

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

[​IMG]

Have you ever wondered as to why using Facebook drains your iPhone's battery like no other app? It is because the social networking platform is constantly tracking your location using your iPhone's GPS module.

Security researcher Jonathan Zdziarski analysed the Facebook app's code and found that the app is sending devices' location information to Facebook in the background, Motherboard.com reported.

"If you move around a lot, you are likely to use more battery but the combination of GPS and networking going on in the background is likely the majority cause of battery drain," Zdziarski was quoted as saying through email.

So what do you think about this? I thought it was important to share this, specially because there are so many iPhone owners out there who might have no idea why their battery might be drain so fast. If you want to read the rest of the article, then click here: http://gadgets.ndtv.com/social-netw...ause-its-tracking-your-location-report-753756

Sefie, Oct 17, 2015
  2. Sefie

thess

Well it's not that surprising. And all phones can be tracked and are tracking you. There is no privacy.

thess, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Sefie

IcyBC

I turned my location off on many apps and only kept a few on when I need them! It is eerie to know that we are constantly being monitored and stalked with all of these gadgets.

IcyBC, Nov 9, 2015
Ask a Question