extra power adapter combo?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by factor, Oct 14, 2008.

1. factor

factor

Hey guys,

First post here, so be gentle :)

Do you guys know if there's an acer power adapter combo? I'd like one that includes both an AC and car adapter, like what dell sells:

http://snpi.dell.com/sna/images/product ... 0-8814.jpg

Has anyone tried power adapters from other acer laptops, do they work on the one?

Finally, how long does the One take to charge from empty for you? I had to leave mine plugged in for like 4 hours before the light turned green (charging from when the battery indicator started).

Thanks!

factor, Oct 14, 2008
  2. factor

ridestp

ridestp, Oct 15, 2008
  3. factor

Dave in Eugene

You need 19V 1.5A to run & charge the AAO. The AAO is not listed on a lot of the aftermarket car charger application lists yet, but I have an older Aspire 3003 and it is the same voltage and the barrel plugs are the same size and polarity. So if you look for one compatible with any Aspire 3000 series, it will work on the AAO with power to spare.

This one, for instance:
    http://www.laptopsaver.com/power-car-ac ... -3000.html

I don't know anything about that company or the quality of their products, that's just the first hit I got.

One caution I'll give is never leave a charger connected in a car unattended. Mobile devices are not usually built with the same fire protection standards as household devices, and a catastrophic failure could easily result in burning up your ride, and whatever it happens to be parked in, such as your garage and house.

Dave in Eugene, Oct 15, 2008
  4. factor

mapleleaf13

mapleleaf13, Oct 15, 2008
Ask a Question