extra hdd bay for usb devices

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by dboyse485, Dec 18, 2014.

1. dboyse485

dboyse485

is it possible to use the 2 extra 2.5 in hdd bays in my acer aspire to connect usb devices i.e. xbox 360 wireless accessory. via the sata connection .... i know that hdd satas can go through usb bought i have found zero instances in my search of usb devices going through sata

dboyse485, Dec 18, 2014
  2. dboyse485

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Would this be a DESKtop Computer? There are currently 54 versions of the Acer Aspire...

It would also be helpful to show us, why you need to connect an XBox 360 wireless accessory to a desktop...

Are you trying to get wireless on your Desktop... or connect the computer to the XBox...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Dec 20, 2014
  3. dboyse485

dboyse485

i have an acer aspire v3 laptop it has 2 normal 2.5 hdd bays and one msata .5 ssd bay i wanted to have the 360 wireless dongle inside one of the extra 2.5 bays to make it so its always with the laptop and connect to a 360 controller quickly and easily. .... but the only connection free in my laptop is the SATA connection so i wanted to know if there was a way to adapt that for usb input on not (probably not but never hurts to see)

dboyse485, Dec 22, 2014
  4. dboyse485

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Thank you, that's what we needed to know...
    Now, I hope Acer used a 'cheaper SATA HDD (mSATA are EXTREMELY expensive)...

If so, you should have the mSATA bay free...

THIS (double click the link below) looks as if it will do the trick...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB3-0-Adap...19417202&sr=8-1&keywords=msata+to+usb+adaptor

The cable has what looks like an mSATA male connector, which should plug into the mSATA socket in that Bay...
    The USB connevtor on the other end will then need an USB inline adaptor (both ends female) to connect the XBox gadget to the USB cable... HOPEFULLY... it will all fit inside the Bay.

You will end up with an mSATA external enclosure (the box) and a pair of dinky little screwdrivers... as spares..
    but for £6.98.. I would certainly be willing to buy it, to try it...

I HOPE that will solve your problem...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Dec 24, 2014
Ask a Question